I couldn’t wait to get started on my sewing projects after talking about them in the previous post. The first thing I decided to make was from the Oliver+S Ice Cream Dress pattern.
I wanted a quick fix to my sewing needs, so I made the blouse option (view C). It turned out pretty well, although there will be things I pay more attention to the next time around. Not to mention, I started working on it at 5:30am when I didn’t go to bed until 1:30am. I have heard other people mention that they can’t sew at night because of making mistakes. Clearly, that holds true to me as well, except early in the morning.
Here is Baby A modeling her new blouse:
This is her “Cheese so hard it hurts” face that I have been getting in a lot of pictures.
It fits her pretty well, but, well you see, my girl is a little beefy in the chest and arms area. I went with the size 2T and will have to make small adjustments next time for under the arms and chest. I may just go ahead and make a 3T and see how that works out. As always, I love this Oliver+S pattern. I see many variations on this to come in the future.